Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Artomatic!


Life is a bit...hectic at the moment. Work, work-travel, trying to sell my condo, apartment hunting, a yard sale to get rid of all my extra crap because I don't want to move it (and because I came to the realization that I don't want to be on an episode of hoarders), and the impending move. And since all of this wasn't overwhelming enough I decided to participate in Artomoatic!  And I'm super excited (when I'm not freaking out)! 

Artomatic is a huge (2,000 artists and 79,000 visitors huge!), unjuried show that features all sorts of creative work, visual art, music, film, performance, and fashion. Not only that, it's my first real show.


This is my space on the 4th floor. The lighting isn't great but you get the idea. I chose a small wall since I knew when signing up and selecting that I would still need to create all of the pieces I want display.  

So far I've painted the walls, not sure how I was able to match the walls previous color so accurately, side note that wasn't my plan but I'm going with it, and I've stenciled my Etsy shop name.  I have a few more ideas to liven it up some that I'll tackle over the weekend.
And this is my "studio." 
I have five days to decorate my space and finish and hang all the pieces. Oh and I figured this was also the perfect time to launch this little blog here...so welcome and wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment